10 Alarming Video Content Statistics
1. Consumers want to watch and film“Video first” was a term coined by Facebook recently when they were discussing the shift about making it easier for people to both produce and consume content. Facebook Live is one result of this discussion, and it is now growing at alarming rates and competing with the likes of YouTube itself. In response, more and more businesses are beginning to shift video to the forefront of their marketing approaches.
2. Live streaming is the futureLive streaming is predicted to account for about 13% of the anticipated video traffic explained above. This is huge news, and it is pushing businesses to find new, creative approaches so that they can utilize live video in their marketing campaigns. Just like Virgin Airlines did with its “Seize The Holiday” campaign that went live to show viewers where they could be in the world at that very moment, showcasing live footage from some of the hottest travel destinations on earth.
3. Don’t be afraid be squareSquare videos are expected to continue growing wildly in popularity. As of now, square video content takes up about 78% more space in Facebook’s Newsfeed, and they also get more engagement than horizontal videos. Ae square video is also ideal for Instagram video posts.
4. Videos equal purchasesBecause video marketing has been shown to drive purchase behavior and provoke stronger engagement. There’s no wonder why more businesses will be using it in the coming months as an essential part of their marketing and sales funnels.
5. Lowered production costsAs achieving high-quality footage becomes easier and easier with the ever-improving pocket-sized, multi-function cameras (i.e., your smartphone, mirrorless cameras, etc.), the production costs associated with professional quality video will only continue to decrease. You’ll be able to outsource it or do-it-yourself for less than ever before, even as quality standards keep going up–along with resolutions.
6. Video will also be a training toolBy saving on training costs and keeping the approach to training consistent across the board. Businesses will begin seeing better outcomes and lower training costs through the use of video as an internal training tool. This will also make it easier for staff members to learn the ins-and-outs of the trade through education tools that are always available and can be paused and replayed as needed.
7. Paid video socializingThis is an evolution of the paid ad placement approach to advertising, and more and more businesses are paying for sponsored videos and paying influencers to interact with and feature their video content.
8. Increase trustProviding video alone doesn’t increase trust. When video content is able to engage viewers, that’s what counts. Views, clicks and shares not only spread your message further. But increase engagement with your content builds trust in your brand and your expert authority.
9. Use bothIt’s no longer a question of Facebook or YouTube. Businesses are now shifting to a multi-platform approach to reach a wider audience. And they are tailoring the content they publish for either or. This is important, especially when you learn that around 85% of Facebook videos are watched on mute. Is your point getting across through visuals alone? Are you using closed captioning?
10. Interactive videosAs the popularity of video contents to grow, so will the technology associated with its creation and presentation. While video was previously seen as a one-sided type of content, and more and more leaders in the industry will begin finding new ways to make video one of the more interactive forms of content. Businesses who are able to catch onto new features early on, and as people did with live streams and 360 video, will benefit greatly. Do you need help planning and strategizing your video marketing campaign. Download The Video Marketing Strategy Blueprint. It quick, actionable advice.
Unlocking Your Ability to Create Powerful, Professional Video Content
If you had to create an engaging, professional video for your business today, could you pull it off? If you’re like many consultants and other business professionals, you’d probably feel completely overwhelmed. Even finding a starting point might seem impossible. And that’s frustrating, because you know if you want to grow your business, video is an essential part of your marketing, sales, and communications strategies.
What you don’t know, though, is how to easily create videos that:
❓ Strengthen your brand
❓ Establish your authority, and
❓ Make people want to do business with you.
That’s the problem we help solve. We have created the vidwheel Creator Network, a community where entrepreneurs and consultants representing all industries can come together to master the simple steps to stabilize and grow your business through video. From strategy to audio and lighting, staging, preparation, to feeling 100% natural in front of the camera, here’s where you can learn it all. I created the vidwheel Creator Network as a supportive, energizing place to learn, share feedback, and grow alongside a community of professionals a lot like you!
Our affordable membership package even includes a done-for-you equipment kit. A video studio-in-a-box for your home or office. We’ve curated these kits for simplicity, versatility, and video creation power. No guesswork. No bins full of equipment you bought but didn’t need.
It’s the trifecta of video mastery:
✅ Right training
✅ Right equipment
✅ Right community
That’s the kind of ease I wish I had when I started my own small business.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, please take a moment to check out the vidwheel Creator Network.